All you ever did was take and take, but you never gave. Actually, I take that back – you did give. You gave me heartaches and burned bridges.
- I’m just sorry I abused our relationship.
- Worst of all, you have a serious jealousy streak in you, bordering on psychotic.
- Without you, I am accomplishing more than I ever have.
- I realized that the only way I could be able to leave you would be if I hit rock bottom first.
- Her name is Recovery and she makes me feel good about myself…as a Person, a Father, a Spouse, and a Friend.
- Sometimes the drug abuse made me feel great, eased my inhibitions, and made me forget about my own self-contempt.
I even let my other relationships disintegrate because of how strongly I felt towards you. And the obsession is gone; I don’t miss you. And I don’t blame you either anymore. I’m responsible for my own behavior now. I know I’ll never completely forget my first love – no one ever really does. You wouldn’t let me see anyone else. I would try sometimes to go out and have fun with my real friends.
Visit Multi Concept Recovery Today to Learn More
I chose to start our relationship, and now I am choosing to end it. I know that saying “goodbye” to you for good will take hard work, but I am doing exactly that. Now you’ve been out of my life for three years. I realize when I first left you, I never properly said goodbye. I guess back then, when I first got sober, I wasn’t confident that I would stay that way. I’m taking enormous strides in my life.
Little did I know what you would do to me. The effect you had on me was instantaneous. Like pouring gasoline on fire, we mixed, but it was dangerous.
Goodbye Letter to Addiction in Style
One method that has gained popularity is writing a goodbye letter to alcohol. Sometimes, just like after a breakup, you need closure with the things you were once attached https://ecosoberhouse.com/ to. A goodbye letter to addiction is like putting an end to your relationship with drugs. You can let go of the past and start thinking about your bright future.
- With the help, love, and support of God, as well as my family and counselors, I crawled out of the dirt and fought back.
- You took me to death and back a handful of times.
- Instead of letting yourself be overwhelmed, take a look at these tips to help you get started.
- It’s easy, and confidential – call us to learn about the different teen treatment programs we offer.
- Times that only us and select other few know about will live in my memory forever.
Not for one second will I ever consider running back into your embrace. I guess I should thank you for forcing me into this great new life that I lead. My body and my brain goodbye letter to addiction both longed to return to your hold, but I had grown strong enough to pull away. Fortunately, those feelings are in the past; I know better now that I have achieved sobriety.
My Final Letter to Addiction
When things began to look up, you grabbed me by the ankles and pulled me right back into the mess. When I wanted to change for the better, you told me I couldn’t live without you. You made me into the person I said I would never become. You made me do things I never thought I would be capable of doing. You told me everything would be just fine if I would let you control my life.
I had moved out of my home and was living with using friends. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Guidelines for Writing a Goodbye Letter to Drugs
Design For Recovery is committed to helping you or your loved one live a fulfilling life free from alcohol and drug addiction. Below you can find out what to expect when you contact us for help. Intensive outpatient programs provide your medical care from the convenience of home. If we think that you would still benefit from hospitalization, we will suggest PHP for optimal recovery.